Nuffnang

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Autobot Blurr's Re-designed / Custom Sniper Rifle

Being a sniper is probably one of the coolest professions there is, and in the world of Transformers, the recent one to be assigned to this function is Blurr.

However, as a toy, I have not been happy with Blurr's Original Sniper Rifle design. It was probably the Cybertronian version of what a sniper rifle is.

Still, I simply cannot appreciate it...

Solution? CUSTOMIZE!

Presenting: My Modified Sniper Rifle for Autobot Blurr. 


It was really just a simple tweak on the : First, I removed the original barrel and replaced it w/ a smooth looking barrel (from zoids) that has a very prominent rifle muzzle (tip). I then added a very long rifle scope (same source) and a rifle stand (zoiders are familiar w/ this rifle bi-pod).



Now, this really is a Sniper Rifle.


It's nice how a simple barrel change could make a great impact on the design of this weapon.


Sniping away! Some parts at the back of his head needs to be trimmed to increase angle for this sniping pose.



The "lens" of the rifle scope. It's made from a clear plastic (from a CD Case, acrylic I think.) w/c I rounded and smoothed. Both ends are made this way.



More sniping pose. He just needs some camo. Hehe


The rifle is now much longer than Blurr himself while in vehicle mode. In the future, I may look for a tweak on how to inculcate this weapon in vehicle mode.


I wanted to paint it actually, but doubting my skills, I just left it this way. The yellow parts that connect the scope to the body somewhat bugs me, but I think it's good enough this way.



It's is my first try on customizing something related to Transformers, and I'm really happy with the results. Also, this is the first of Blurr's custom weapons (which also fits other Transformers that has the same weapon slots) w/c I made. 

Up next is a Giant Gatling Gun so stay tuned to the next entry!

Thanks for reading and I hope you liked it!

-Ghe

6 comments:

  1. Great to see that toy rifle also comes with a scope. Gives it a better shot. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really a good blog about gun. The rifle scope is looking very thin, is this able to accuracy to target shoot?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brisbane Family Lawyers, Mediator and Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner & Notary Pubic serving Brisbane, Brisbane southern suburbs and Gold Coast.
    browse this site

    ReplyDelete
  4. Insurance, Family Law, Insolvency & Debt Recovery, Business Disputes, Workplace and Employment Law, HR/IR. BTLawyers is here to help.My website

    ReplyDelete
  5. SEO services will help you climb the search engine ranks. We'll help you optimise your websites and develop a successful content marketing strategy.
    Read More

    ReplyDelete
  6. We're one of Brisbane's top firms for Property Conveyancing, Family Law, Wills and Estates, Power of Attorney, Commercial Leases and Commercial Law
    Visit My Website

    ReplyDelete