Nuffnang

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Food Trip - The French Baker

"The best food comes from France..." - from the film Ratatouille

...and the best way to start your week is to treat yourself w/ a good food - and for me, this is gotta be it...


The French Baker is probably my favorite dining place. The food simply is so good. If you're a bread or pasta lover, this is one of the best place to be.

Well, actually, this is quite confusing. You see, it says French, but they also have Italian cooking as well (already w/ a French touch, I think.)

Nah, they're both from Europe anyway so, yah, let's start eating! Starting w/ the basic - Pizza...


As you can see, their Pizzas are cooked and served in large slices. I think, if done as a whole pie, this would be the size of around 14 inch Pizza (but if done that way, I don't think it would taste the same... )

Just take a look at this slice of Red Sauce All Meat Pizza...
...overflowing w/ all the meaty goodness in a single slice of Pizza - ham, beef, sausage, bacon, pepperoni, (etc)...

Still, a good Pizza starts w/ a good Crust - and for a food company w/c specializes in bread, the Crust is simply something so basic... I can eat all the toppings first (cleaning it up) and still enjoy what's left afterwards... It's very crunchy, crispy, and simply, a bread on its own already, flavored w/ all taste coming from the toppings on it...

This is actually sliced in bite sizes (around 4 slices) and already good for two (but, this is just for me, hehe)

Onwards, how about some Beef Lasagna, served w/ a slice of toasted Pesto bread...


Another Italian food, but who cares - this is something good, hehe...

however... take a look at what I got...
I almost wanted another order actually... Looks like this is overcooked - BURNT! (or burned, whatever, hehe)

But then again, you can just remove those charcoals... I mean, those carcinogenic things and then enjoy the rest... the burnt cheese is part of the cooking process... underneath the arson are layers of the good stuff - the meat sauce, cheese and lasagna noodles (can't remember if there's a white sauce or bechamel sauce, hehe)... Simply the best Beef Lasagna for me... no further explanation, just try it...


And then, Four Seasons for drinks...
Tastes authentic, but not really sure... maybe just off from the can...

Additionally, The French Baker's signature dish really is this one... This is where French cooking and French baking is served in a delightful (and tasty) manner...


As you can see, this is already a meal on its own.

The soup for the day is served on a bowl of crusty bread. The soft "inside of bread" (whatever's removed inside the bread) is still served along w/ butter. I guarantee you - you can be full even if this is what you order only (provided you have the average appetite and you finish everything, coz some people don't eat the bread, so wasteful...)

Unfortunately, I'm done w/ my two orders - and this bowl would be simply be way too much for me (if not gluttony)...

Of course, as a Bakery, they have a wide selection of... bread (obviously)... I'm not sure if the 50% discount on breads at closing time is still on going, but theoretically, if they guarantee that all breads are baked fresh everyday, then this should be on going...

Some of the other contents in the menu...

 

Hopefully, this food trip review would entice this somebody to dine w/ me here next time, again... coz, even though I enjoyed the food a lot, it's still best to enjoy a meal w/ a good company..



Til next time!

-ghe

No comments:

Post a Comment